Basic Strategy: Simple and Advanced Techniques
Who’s it for?
Trans folks (binary and non-binary alike) and allies, wanting to be more effective in their communications with the wider public online and in the mainstream media.
This event applies whether you are a media regular looking to up your game, a newby nervously eyeing up the media, or just want to enhance your online presence.
What will you learn?
- Basic strategy: tools for thinking about media strategically
- What counts – and what doesn’t – when developing an online presence
- Defensive media: avoiding the pitfalls of appearances in a hostile media. Cutting through.
- Personal survival techniques
Sessions will include:
- Why do you want to communicate? What messages? What works/what doesn’t?
- Thinking about audiences
- Social media: building a presence. Do’s and Don’ts. Bear Traps.
- Online comms: non-social media. SEO and PPC. Mutual support
- Mainstream media: the landscape and limitations
- Locating best comms practice within mainstream media interactions
- Techniques for inter-acting with the MSM
When/Where – and Booking
Trans Media Watch, with support from GIRES, Mermaids, LGBT Consortium are running two training days in December (lasting four to five hours each).
These take place:
- In London (3 December): for more information and/or to ask questions,
go to http://www.lgbtconsortium.org.uk/event/media-strategy-training-london
- In Leeds (6 December): for more information and/or to ask questions,
go to http://www.lgbtconsortium.org.uk/event/media-strategy-training-leeds
Or drop a line via email@example.com
The event is FREE to attendees. For those who may need to travel to attend, there is a limited travel bursary available on application.