National LGBT Hate Crime Partnership
Hate Crime Awareness Week Hate Crime Campaign – Action Needed
The LGBT Hatecrime Partnership, of which GIRES is a member are launching a campaign today 9th October 2015 from noon, and we need you to be part of it… involving selfies with a speech bubble to push out through social media…
Join our campaign
Throughout Hate Crime Awareness Week, people will be posting photos of themselves holding message cards about the importance of speaking up to the police and support services about hate crime. The cards will also include a web address where people can find details of local support and help with reporting homophobia, biphobia or transphobia.
Taking part is easy
1) Download and print the speech bubble (click on the picture below to grab the pdf). It will also be available soon from www.lgbthatecrime.org.uk
2) Write about why you’re speaking up about hate crime and take a picture of yourself with it.
3) Post it on twitter or facebook with the hashtags #LGBThatecrime and #NHCAW
We’re kicking off the campaign at mid-day on Friday 9th October and hope it will gather momentum through the following week, which is Hate Crime Awareness Week. We would like you to join us at the start, to help get the campaign off to a good start.
- A mock up of how your photo could look is (See below)
- Pick somewhere with good lighting and a nice background.
- Get creative about what you want to write.
- Remember to include the hashtags when you post it online – #LGBThatecrime #NHCAW
About the National LGBT Hate Crime Partnership
This campaign is part of a drive by 35 LGBT organisations across England Wales and Scotland to tackle homophobia, biphobia and transphobia. It is funded by the Equality & Human Rights Commission.
Find details about the partnerships work here – www.lgbthatecrime.org.uk/#project-overview