Race Equality First is an independent charity woking in Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan to promote equality.
Our services include:
- Free confidential advice, advocacy and representation if you perceive yourself to be a victim of discrimination.
- Providing general information about equality, diversity and equal opportunities.
- Facilitating and assisting community based groups to build capacity based on the needs identified.
- Providing a lobbying voice for issues regarding diversity and anti-discrimination facing local communities.
- Providing training and workshops on anti-discrimination, diversity and citizenship in schools.
- Assisting organisations to develop and implement equal opportnities and non-discriminatory policies and procedures.
Our casework services provide advice support, advocacy, referrals and representation for individuals who have been victims of discrimination or harassment. Our casework services assist individuals who have suffered discrimination due to any protected characteristic they may possess within the Equality Act 2010 and especially racism.
While Cardiff based and originally the Race Equality Council for Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan, REF now encompasses support, empowerment and advocacy for all the protected characteristics under the Equalities Act 2010.
They run various community based projects including outreach coffee mornings and, especially, a Hate Crime Advocacy and Empowerment Project.
They provide advice and advocacy services including practicing in house solicitors on any equalities issues.
They have in house knowledge of transgender issues.
- Gender diverse young people aged 18-25
- Adult Non Binary
- Trans and gender diverse people from ethnic minorities
- Trans and gender diverse men
- Trans and gender diverse women
- Variations in Sex Characteristics
- Hate Crime/Justice System
- 02920 486207
- 1st Floor West
113-116 Bute Street