Hidayah (means guidance in Arabic) is a registered charity and we are entirely volunteer-led. Hidayah is a secular organisation, however, its projects and activities are developed specifically for the needs of LGBTQI+ Muslims. Our vision is to ensure our voices are heard and understood. Our mission is to provide support and welfare for LGBTQI+ Muslims and promote social justice and education about our community to counter discrimination, prejudice and injustice. We are a mix of practising and non-practising Muslims. As an inclusive charity, we do not exclude anyone, and warmly welcome friends, families, and allies to all of our events.
Covid 19 Details:
All monthly meet-ups and socials are suspended.
Events are currently only taking place virtually, please visit our events page for more details.
The Hidayah Wellbeing & Spirituality WhatsApp group, social media, emails and other digital services are still running as normal.
- Allies of trans and gender diverse people
- Families of trans and gender diverse people
- Gender diverse young people aged 13-18
- Gender diverse young people aged 18-25
- Adult Non Binary
- Trans and gender diverse men
- Trans and gender diverse women
- Variations in Sex Characteristics
- Religion / Faith
- Hate Crime/Justice System
- UK Wide