The Rainbow Project is a health organisation that works to improve the physical, mental & emotional health and well-being of lesbian, gay, bisexual and/or transgender people in Northern Ireland.
We are the foremost LGB&T organisation in Northern Ireland and have two centres: one in Belfast city centre and the other in Foyle, L’Derry.The Rainbow Project was established in 1994 by a group of volunteers who were concerned about the spread of HIV within the gay male population of Northern Ireland.
These volunteers wanted to provide information and support to men who have sex with men (MSM) ahout HIV and AIDS (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome). They carried out research within the gay and bisexual communities in order to find out what type of information and support services were required.
As a result of this research, the project began to offer information on HIV/AIDS and other sexually transmitted infections (STIs), distributing safer sex materials and leaflets at commercial gay venues and LGBT events.
see website for events. Etc.
- Allies of trans and gender diverse people
- Families of trans and gender diverse people
- Trans and gender diverse Parents
- Gender diverse young people aged 18-25
- Adult Intersex
- Adult Non Binary
- Parents of trans and gender diverse people
- Partners of trans and gender diverse people
- Trans and gender diverse men
- Trans and gender diverse women
- Northern Ireland
- 028 9031 9030
- 23-31 Waring Street