The Mayflower Society has been running since the mid 1970's. As a self-help group based in Southampton, the Mayflower Society warmly welcomes trans people, their family and friends from all over the south. The Mayflower Society aims to promote understanding and acceptance of trans people in society. The Mayflower Society aims to provide social opportunities in safe surroundings where people can meet to socialise or discuss their gender issues with like-minded people. The Mayflower Society encourages participation by partners, family and friends in discussions and social events, and aims to provide practical support to members, and their relatives.
The Mayflower Society hosts regular social events in Southampton, with monthly evening meetings and Sunday lunch meetings, providing a safe place for trans people and their families. Although changing facilities aren’t provided, people are welcome to attend in drab mode if they don’t feel ready to present in public yet.
- Allies of trans and gender diverse people
- Families of trans and gender diverse people
- Gender diverse young people aged 13-18
- Gender diverse young people aged 18-25
- Adult Non Binary
- Parents of trans and gender diverse people
- Partners of trans and gender diverse people
- Trans and gender diverse men
- Trans and gender diverse women
- Variations in Sex Characteristics
- South East
- South West