Regard is a national organisation of lesbians, gay men, bisexuals, transgender and queer people (LGBTQ) who self-identify as disabled. We follow the Social Model of Disability. This is a way of thinking about disability that says it is society that needs to change by removing the barriers that deny us inclusion and equal rights.
Regard has the following aims:
To provide information, advice and support to LGBT disabled people; To raise awareness and campaign on issues affecting disabled LGBT people; And to combat social isolation among LGBT disabled people.
- Gender diverse children (under 13)
- Gender diverse young people aged 13-18
- Gender diverse young people aged 18-25
- Disabled trans and gender diverse people
- Learning disabled trans and gender diverse people
- Trans and gender diverse men
- Trans and gender diverse women
- UK Wide
- BM REGARD