The Northern Concord was conceived and created in 1986 following the original Manchester TV/TS group which had been running since 1975. The aims were and still are to be a self help and social group for cross dressers and people who consider themselves to be transsexuals.We set out to provide a social infrastructure in which people would be able to dress in safety and enjoy themselves, and indeed our Wednesday evening meetings were regularly attended by 40 to 60 members and friends. We run many other social events and organise evenings that benefit the members, make-up demonstrations, fashion nights, jewellery nights, etc., etc.Wives and girlfriends were more than welcome, and indeed we have had mothers, aunts, daughters, sons and even fathers attend some of our events. To encourage wives and girlfriends to come along we made no charge for them to enter the club.
no meeting running at present.
- Allies of trans and gender diverse people
- Families of trans and gender diverse people
- Trans and gender diverse Parents
- Adult Non Binary
- Parents of trans and gender diverse people
- Partners of trans and gender diverse people
- Trans and gender diverse men
- Trans and gender diverse women
- Variations in Sex Characteristics
- North East
- P.O. Box 258