Liberate is an inclusive Group, which welcomes people irrespective of sexual orientation, gender identity, religious belief, race, gender or disability.
We exist to promote fairness and equality for the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Questioning/Queer (“LGBTQ+”) community and their friends and families within the Bailiwick of Guernsey. We serve and support the LGBTQ+ community and their friends and families within the Bailiwick of Guernsey. We campaign for positive change in the laws and opinions within the Bailiwick of Guernsey to promote acceptance of everyone identifying as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Questioning/Queer, with the input and support of the LGBTQ+ community.
We have one paid employee and have approximately 50 regular active volunteers. Some volunteer roles require DBS checks but most of our roles are in group setting so this in not required. We want to stand as positive role models and provide a voice for the Bailiwick’s LGBTQ+ community.
We run peer led support meetings for LGBTQ people. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for details of the venue and time. All meetings are at accessible venues.
- Allies of trans and gender diverse people
- Families of trans and gender diverse people
- Trans and gender diverse Parents
- Gender diverse young people aged 18-25
- Adult Intersex
- Adult Non Binary
- Parents of trans and gender diverse people
- Partners of trans and gender diverse people
- Disabled trans and gender diverse people
- Learning disabled trans and gender diverse people
- Trans and gender diverse men
- Trans and gender diverse women
- Domestic Violence
- Religion / Faith
- Hate Crime/Justice System
- Housing / homeless support
- Channel Islands
- East Midlands
- East of England
- North East
- North West
- Northern Ireland
- South East
- South West
- West Midlands
- Yorkshire and Humberside
- 01481 243 426
- ONE St Julians Avenue
St Peter Port