GIRES wish to appoint a highly motivated and experienced Grants and Individual Giving Fundraising Officer with a track record of successfully raising funds. The role has been created to maximise income from, grants, individual giving and fundraising as part of the charity’s strategy to diversify our fundraising income. Reporting to the Operations and Finance Manager, you will lead on generating new income for the charity. Responsible for researching opportunities, writing funding bids, and increasing income from individual giving by developing our existing pool of donors and creating a compelling case to persuade others to become donors to GIRES.
Salary: £18,000 (FTE £30,000)
Location: Sutton, Surrey and opportunities to work from home
Contract: 1 year fixed term contract
Hours: Part time 21 hours a week
Reporting To: Operations and Finance Manager
Specific responsibilities include
- Research potential grant making organisations and analyse their suitability to feed into the grant prospect pipeline to achieve identified targets.
- Manage the processes for grant applications with Trustees and Operations and Finance Manager.
- Prepare and submit high quality funding applications and reports to grant making organisations.
- Scrutinise project budgets and financial information for applications and for grant reports.
- Account management of successful applications.
- Maintain and develop the database of grant making contacts ensuring the General Data Protection Regulations (2018) are adhered to across all of grant making and that all data collection is in accordance with these regulations.
- Ensure prompt and appropriate acknowledgement of all grant income.
- Ensure all information relating to each grant is accurate, up to date and well organised.
- Maintain a timetable of deadlines to ensure grant making organisations receive reports and other correspondence as required.
- Ensure that all donor communications are handled appropriately, promptly and courteously and that complaints and criticisms are logged, investigated and resolved in accordance with the organisation’s systems and procedures.
- Build strong relationships with colleagues across Trans and Gender Diverse community.
- Undertake due diligence, in line with GIRES charitable objectives, thereby protecting the GIRES brand and ensuring profitable returns on investment.
- Lead and directly manage a portfolio of key relationships.
- Lead and directly manage Corporate Partnership opportunities
- Put in place a supporter journey to increase retention of existing donors and to increase donations with compelling asks for support.
- Create and deliver new supporter acquisition activities to bring new donors to GIRES
- Plan a calendar of communications that engage specific donor and potential donor audiences
- Ensure all individual donors are thanked promptly and accurate donor record are kept in line with GDPR
- Implement the Fairness and Dignity at Work Policy into daily activities.
- Be responsible for your own health and safety and that of your colleagues, in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act (1974) and relevant EC Directives, including reporting any health and safety hazard immediately when you become aware of it.
- Undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required in this post.
- Keep abreast of key fundraising trends and issues and the regulatory environment around fundraising. Ensure that you follow the Code of Fundraising Practice, as stipulated by the Fundraising Regulator and best practice is adhered to.
Benefits of working at GIRES
- 15 days annual leave entitlement, pro raita plus 8 paid bank holidays
- Pension Scheme Membership
- Contractual sick pay
- Flexible working
- Statutory maternity & paternity pay
Please email a copy of your CV and covering letter of no more than 2 A4 pages to Camilla Thrush, GIRES Operations and Finance Manager to firstname.lastname@example.org
We particularly welcome applicants from underrepresented groups, including, trans and gender diverse people, and people from BAME (Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic) communities.
The deadline for applications is 10am Tuesday 15th December.
Interviews will be conducted virtually via Zoom on the 6th and 11th January 2021
Please click on the link below to download the full Job Description and Personal Specification. Applicants are asked to read the document in full before applying.